Victor BERNARD was born in 1985 in Compiegne, near Paris.
At 20 years old, he crossed the Channel to study his passion at the Newark School of Violin Making from where he graduated in 2008. Passionate about bow making, he joined Maison Bernard in Brussels the same year to work under Pierre Guillaume’s expertise in bow making and restoration where he was able to develop his taste for antique bows and grow his expertise.
In 2014, he joined the Atelier Flagey in Brussels and work alongside with violinmakers Catherine Janssens and Joanne Van Bosterhaut.
Victor is an active member of Ekho, an association created for the promotion of contemporary violin and bow making.
In 2014, he received a grant from the Marcel Vatelot Foundation to help him develop his workshop and prepare international bow making competitions.
- International Bow making Competition Mittenwald, Germany (2018)
- Silver medal – viola
- Silver medal – cello
- VSA Violin Society of America (2016)
- Certificat du Mérite – archet de violon
- Viola’s 2016
- Coup de Coeur from Geneviève STROSSER
- VSA Violin Society of America (2014)
- Certificat of Merit – violin
- International Bow making Competition Mittenwald, Germany (2014)
- Gold medal – viola
- Bronze medal – cello
- Violoncelle en Seine, Paris (2012)
- Finalist Certificat
Violin bow: weight: 60.5 grams | length: 73 cm
Viola bow: weight: 72.7 grams | length: 73 cm
Cello bow: weight: 82,9 grams | length: 69.5 cm