As a lover of music, an admirer of fine materials, and as one who has always been fascinated by those with manual expertise, Éric Gagné naturally embraced the métier of bowmaker. He first worked for several years for Blaise Emmelin, and after in Brussels at “Maison Bernard” for Pierrre Guillaume.
Éric Gagné is now sharing a workshop with Isabelle Wilbaux in Montréal where he make his bows. He also collaborates with Wilder and Davis workshop, for whom he restores and sells bows everywhere in Canada.
The joy of playing, the exploration of sound, artistic creation: these are among the many leitmotifs that now guide his work.
- 2 Certificates of merit at the International Violin and Bowmaking Competition for a viola bow and for a cello bow, VSA, 2016.
- 2 Certificates of merit at the International Violin and Bowmaking Competition for a violin bow and a cello bow, VSA, 2014.
- Certificat de Finaliste for a cello bow at the International Competition of Cello and Bowmaking, VioloncellenSeine, Paris 2012.
- Member of the American Federation of Violin and Bow Maker
- Founding member of theMakers’ Forum